Re: [OMC-Boats] Getting boat onto blocks/stands

From: Lee K. Shuster \(lks\) <LKS@...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:43:46 -0600

Just some additional thoughts:

I agree with Doug on taking the easiest path. Also, (at least in my neck of
the woods) I have used three different vendors that can and have all lifted
my boat off its trailer:

a) Fiberglass repair facility
b) Trailer repair facility
c) Boat dealer

For the hour or two it takes to go weigh and inspect your trailer they
probably would NOT charge a storage fee, and you might get the LIFT thrown
in for free with a waxing and cleaning of the hull, for example.

If you turn this into a DIY project (which I would never attempt without
proper overhead winch/crane/lift equipment) be sure and lighten the boat as
much as possible, including removal of the sterndrive leg.

It almost sounds as if you want to have the boat on blocks for an extended
period of time?

Nexi, where are you located?

Lee