Re: [OMC-Boats] Bearings and tires

From: Doug Julien <dfjulien@...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:27:53 -0700 (PDT)

Where are you getting the 10-ply for $80?  I'm paying about $125 each in St. Louis - for a bare, unmounted tire.

I've run on the Carlisles and they work, at least for a while, just run them up to the maximum pressure of 60# and keep them there - they still get a little hot from sidewall flexing.  With a Sportsman they're about 14% overloaded.  The 10-ply have a maximum pressure of 100# and I run with them at 80#.

The bearings are some standard size which I can't remember but are avalable at any Farm and Fleet-type store.

-Doug Julien