[OMC-Boats] Trailer bearings

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:21:04 -0400

For what it's worth, I didn't have good luck replacing bearings on my
'68 Sportsman trailer. I kept blowing the bearings, maybe bad spindles
or bad mechanics (my dad and me).

After going through a couple messy rebuilds/failures, I started over.
I had a machinist drill out the stubs from the torsion arms, weld in
new Northern Hydraulics stub spindles, and put new hubs/bearing
buddies on it. I did not install hubs w/ brakes, as we don't tow far
and usually w/ big trucks. But those are only a little $ more. I feel
better having all updated parts in there that are easy to get from the
Northern web site. Total cost was a couple hundred bucks as I remember.

Best,
-Micah
Newburyport, MA
'68/'69 Sportsman 16