Re: [OMC-Boats] Reverse works great, but...

From: Ian Torrey <itorrey@...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:52:48 -0400

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread - but the
non-conductive gear lube comment has caught my attention. I'm hoping to
get my 67 100hp outboard with electric shift out for a "maiden voyage"
this week, but had not considered the need for special gear oil in the
lower unit. I've just filled it with fresh outboard lower unit lube from
my local Canadian Tire store. Should I drain and refill it before the
test run with something else? Is this oil only available from the
dealer, or should I look for a DOT or grade specification on the oil I
used?

Thanks,
Ian