Re: [OMC-Boats] Reverse works great, but...

From: lib1@...
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:44:34 -0600

Your Step 3 question: Well you "should" have a decent ground back to the
engine or negitive battery terminal, but that's not always the real-world
situation. Personally, I would find some bare metal on the down-leg case for
my lower gear case ground point. You can always check the ground resistance
each physical step of the way back to the engine block/battery.

Ah, so now the truth comes out -- We are not running Type C, eh?
Mmmmmmm.......that means consulting the OMC Gods....It would be a good idea
not to re-apply power to the coils.
I'd also take readings with and without the rogue lubricant present.

I've personally never cracked open the lower gear case. I've hear it takes
nuclear-power snap ring pliers to get those buggers apart. :-)

Lee