RE: [omc-boats] Dividing the Group? Outboards and Sterndrives -- Nah

From: jdood <jdood@...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:46:14 -0700

Me too!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-omc-boats@... [mailto:owner-omc-boats@...]
On Behalf Of lib1@...
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:02 PM
To: omc-boats@...
Subject: [omc-boats] Dividing the Group? Outboards and Sterndrives --
Nah

Just my .02 cents worth --

I don't think the differences between outboard and sterndrive models
warrant
different mail lists.
I enjoy seeing the q & a's in one central place. My advice is keep them
the
same and we'll all learn from each other.

Structurally there are two longitudinal "stringers" in the floors of
both
model-powered boats. As has already been mentioned, the brochure
pictures on
your website show the hull and it's stringers before the deck, floor and

foam and installed.

The "Stringer" name was applied to the early OMC (62-77) sterndrives
retro-actively to describe their "floating" transom aperature.
Volvos, MerCruisers, Eatons all used rigid transom mounts due to their
CV-joints drives. The 400/800 sterndrives also continued the "stringer"
mounting scheme.

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City