Re: [OMC-Boats] "E" Emblems

From: Phil Budne <phil@...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:09:49 -0400

Hoggar wrote:
> I am currently trying to make a new lens for the back of my Surfer
> using this technique
> http://www.alumilite.com/howtos/TailLightMoldingNoEquipment.cfm

Neat. I watched an episode of "American Restoration" on-line where
they made a new lens for an old motor scooter, and I thought of the
lenses on the OMC/Johnson 17 footers. Once someone has made a mold
they should be able to cast any number of parts!

Here's another place that sells rubber mold casting supplies, with videos
(but unlike the link above, some of them require putting the mixture in
a vacuum to remove bubbles from the rubber):

http://www.smooth-on.com/