[OMC-Boats] (no subject)

From: d m <warriors100@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 18:37:58 -0700

Hello;

I also have been wanting to replace the OMC/Evinrude Emblems on my 67 Sportsman. Mine are in the same shape as Tom described.
(I also want to replace the OMC decal which is on the top of my omc stern drive unit because my decal is completely faded out.)

My thought earlier this year was to get some modeling clay and press it over the red and blue flag emblems.
Then fill in the flag impressions with something that squeezes out of a tube and dries hard. maybe something like a two part epoxy or gasket sealer which dries hard, anythin just something that dries hard.
Then take my dremel tool and shave down the excess material and paint each flag accordingly.

My second thought was to just replace the 3-D emblems with 2 dimensianal flag decals (one red and the other blue).

But after reading Micahs post I think I check into that method first.

Guess my final decision for which way to replace will depend on cost. (Don't have as full of a wallet as I had ten years ago.)

     On another note; Replacement Evinrude trailer decals are now available on Ebay. I purchased 2 decals last year and they were excellent quality replacements. I don't know about anyone else but I like to keep my Evinrude trailer looking good also.

D.M.