Re: [OMC-Boats] 1967 155 HP-Bought New

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:30:02 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Dewey Clemmons wrote:
> Ref # 6 - Part No. 380995 : "EXHAUST MANIFOLD & STUD ASSEMBLY",

Here's one online for $150, though I've never worked with this vendor.
http://shipwrecksalvage.net/cart/omc-v6-exhaust-manifold-155-hp-380995-312163-pre-1972-p-684.html

here's an ebay auction mislisting a V-8 manifold as this part:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMC-Stern-Drive-Buick-V8-150-HP-Exhaust-Manifold-380995-/130536146156?item=130536146156&vxp=mtr

> Ref # 8 - Part No. 312149 : "CAP, Exhaust, manifold, -stbd" &

about $45 shipped on ebay (in Canada, so more to get it to the US)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMC-exhaust-manifold-Cap-155-210-215-225-235-245-312149-/110773135339?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item19ca97e7eb

or $32 from that same place.
http://shipwrecksalvage.net/cart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=312149

> Ref 15 - Part No. 312151 "ELBOW, Exh. manifold - stbd."

I don't see the elbow available, but you can get it as part of a V-8
exhaust manifold for $120 on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-OMC-STRINGER-GM-V8-CHEVROLET-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-STARBOARD-312770-312151-/110808050897?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item19ccacacd1
I'm sure you can find one cheaper if you look around a little more.

boats.net has all these parts new as well: (prices appear to be MSRP)
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/omc/O-0380995.html $253
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/omc/O-0312149.html $63
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/johnson/B-0312151.html $168

I think Great Lakes Marine (GLM) might sell aftermarket versions of all
this new.

Here's the entire drivetrain for a boat like yours that failed to sell for
$650:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370456113589?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&item=370456113589&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

It looks like it has the 231 cubic inch V-6 engine instead of the 225 that
you have, but I think the exhaust manifolds are compatible.

If you look around through junkyards, you can probably get a much better
deal - I wouldn't be surprised if you found the whole thing as a unit for
$100-200.

Be sure to get a new gasket with whatever you get.

Ethan