Re: [OMC-Boats] Petcock Bolt Dimensions and Type?

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:06:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Don Mandelas wrote:
> If your talking about the Petcock valve Assembly that is used to drain water out of the
> engine block.
> According to MY 1967 Omc Parts manual for the 120hp
> Petcock Vavle Assebly = OMC part 379957
> Water Drain Pipe = OMC part 311085
> Pipe Connector = OMC part 311086
> What this means at your local NAPA store = nothing.
> Thats the best I can do for you.

I did some investigating off the list and they're pretty readily
available... Here's my confused ranting:

I'm guessing they're 1/4" NPT...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Petcocks/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-9-41201/

omc 379957

in fact i'm pretty sure it's 1/4 npt:

http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1=5270b1c8-6bac-4b6a-b39c-ac088940d296

(if that doesn't come up, search for 1967 120 hp and look in the "crankcase
group 120 hp" -
it's part number 64 in the 1970 listing

64 Stern Drive 0379957 PETCOCK ASSY. 1

hmm, in the 1967 they go by displacement.. is your engine the 4.3 L?
then it'd be part $38 in the crankcase group... still part 379957

but i can still check for you if you want

ooh, my 1970 v-6 has a different part number... hmm..

the v-6 uses a 379757, not a 379957

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/brp/B-0379757.html
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/brp/B-0379957.html

I'm a bit fan of boats.net (unadvertised discount shipping for orders under
$10), but summit racing is a nice shop, too.

Ethan