Re: [OMC-Boats] Petcock Bolt Dimensions and Type?

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

I had no problem just going to my local E/J dealer.  If you don't have a local E/J dealer, just call one of the online merchants like Crowley's.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ethan Brodsky" <brodskye@...>
To: "Evinrude & Johnson Boats of the 1960's and 70's" <>
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:06:12 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [OMC-Boats] Petcock Bolt Dimensions and Type?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Don Mandelas wrote: > If your talking about the Petcock valve Assembly that is used to drain water out of the > engine block. > According to MY 1967 Omc Parts manual for the 120hp > Petcock Vavle Assebly = OMC part 379957 > Water Drain Pipe = OMC part 311085 > Pipe Connector = OMC part 311086 > What this means at your local NAPA store = nothing. > Thats the best I can do for you. I did some investigating off the list and they're pretty readily available... Here's my confused ranting: I'm guessing they're 1/4" NPT... omc 379957 in fact i'm pretty sure it's 1/4 npt: (if that doesn't come up, search for 1967 120 hp and look in the "crankcase group 120 hp" - it's part number 64 in the 1970 listing 64 Stern Drive 0379957 PETCOCK ASSY. 1 hmm, in the 1967 they go by displacement.. is your engine the 4.3 L? then it'd be part $38 in the crankcase group... still part 379957 but i can still check for you if you want ooh, my 1970 v-6 has a different part number... hmm.. the v-6 uses a 379757, not a 379957 I'm a bit fan of (unadvertised discount shipping for orders under $10), but summit racing is a nice shop, too. Ethan -- Ethan Brodsky
_______________________________________________ OMC-Boats mailing list OMC-Boats@...
Received on Wednesday, 7 April 2010

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT