Re: [OMC-Boats] Hull Identification - Serial Numbers?

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:56:23 -0700

Sorry, fat-fingered the SEND button before finishing the entire message.

The SERIAL NUMBER PLATE is separate from the CAPACITY PLATE. The plates were usually affixed with rivets and on my boat it is under the engine cowl.

The marine industry started requiring the MOLDED 12-DIGIT HIN aka the HULL Identification Number around 1972. So our boats pre-date that requirement.

With a forty+ year-old boat anything is possible -- including removal of the plate -- but my guess it IS there, you just haven't found it yet.

Lee Shuster