Re: [OMC-Boats] '67 Surfer: Drive Unit power tilt issue question

From: Doug Julien <dfjulien@...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:43:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi John:

On the 16' models I'm familier with, the tilt solenoids (relays) are mounted on the "adapter housing" just behind the engine block. The "up" solenoid has blue/blue-stripe wires going to/from it and the "down" solenoid has green/green-stripe wires. The solenoids themselves are identical.

I've never done it, but theoretically you could switch the solenoids or switch the wires to test for a bad one.

I've got plenty of experience with tilts that go down and then stay down, but yours is the opposite problem!

-Doug Julien