Re: [OMC-Boats] '67 Surfer: Drive Unit power tilt issue question

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:11:59 -0700

It's easy to swap the two tilt relays for testing purposes. In fact, the starter-assist relay can also be swapped.

I've done this and it can come in handy at sea, believe me. A word of caution, take a digital photo (or make a detailed hand drawing) so you put the wires back properly. You might also have a dirty or corroded terminal (usually the heavy-current or large wires) or a less than fully charged battery.

Everything has to be just about "perfect" for the tilt to work, there's very little built-in margin in this tilt system.

Lee