[OMC-Boats] AGM Batteries

From: Wayne <wayne@...>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:50:46 -0500

I have a Sportsman 155 with a Buick V6 and would like to use an "Absorbed Glass Mat" battery. Any advise or warnings I should be aware of? I bought a dual purpose AGM battery with more CCA than the standard starting battery. It cost me $113.00 on sale, but I really like the higher reliability and 3 year warranty. I believe the maximum charge voltage for the battery is 14.1 volts and it should not be exceded. But I don't know what the voltage output of the alternator is.
Wayne