Re: [OMC-Boats] Outdrive Problems..

From: D.J.Knight <knight@...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 00:54:08 -0600

Hi Joey.

Interesting problem. I'm far from being and expert but it sounds like you
lost the gears between your engine and outdrive. If you have the outdrive I
think you have look at you outdrive from the top and see if the ( Finger
Gears) I don't know the correct name . Are they still there. If that lets go
you have no connection between the engine and out drive. If they are still
there you might be looking at a problem in the out drive. Best person to ask
is Lee. He runs this forum and is the man. I do know that the finger gears
are almost impossible to find. There are several books on ebay about the
boat and out drive. I have one. Also have the same book on CD I would be
willing to copy and send you a copy. Let me know. Joe Knight knight@...

  _____