Re: [OMC-Boats] Engine RPM and Boat Speed

From: lib1@...
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:39:50 -0600

Hi Kenneth,

Wow. Running a 19" SST is like running a 20" Alumin. That's a lot of pitch
to swing, especially at Western altitudes. That baby must move right along
at idle RPM? How do you bring her into a dock?

I'd say if you can over-rev a 19" prop (assuming standard gearing)
something's gotta be slipping. Have you tried different props?

BTW, 90 hp 16-fters would get a little more than 30 mph when new. Of course
they had a weight savings advantage over the 4 strokes.

/LS