Re: [OMC-Boats] Engine RPM and Boat Speed

From: Kenneth Fingerlos <kenf@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:03:07 -0700

Don -

Please do let us know what you find out; I've got a 1968 Seasport-II 155 with similar issues; Slower than Lee's stuff says it should be and I'm running a 19" stainless prop. Seems like I've got plenty of power, can't run it at WOT because it'll over-rev, but really can't get above 30MPH. Slippage somewhere sounds like a very interesting idea - had a car once with a bad clutch which behaved kinda similarly.

Kenneth Fingerlos
Northern Idaho