Re: [OMC-Boats] 1966 Johnson Caprice

From: D. F. Julien, AIA <dfjulien@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:21:27 -0500

Hi Bob

I had a similar stalling problem once. The problem was traced to crud in
some gas from a derelict marina - rust and scale from their tanks ending up
in mine. It would clog the fuel filter after a while - then no more gas
could get through, the engine would quit. Eventually we gave up replacing
the filters and had to pull the gas tank for a good cleaning - ugh.

Bought any suspect gas? Congratulations on getting your boat running.

-Doug Julien