Re: [OMC-Boats] Subject: Reverse works great, but...

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:01:04 -0600

Yeah, OMC Premium Blend is OKAY -- (that's the new name for the old OMC Type
C.)

I think the main difference is NOT about conductivity, as much as it's about
viscosity.
The TYPE C allows the springs to wrap up (engage) properly -- assuming the
tang isn't broken, of course.

The TYPE C should be used in all electric shifts, OUTBOARDS or STERNDRIVES.
(ELECTRIC SHIFT OUTBOARDS first appeared on the 40 hp & 75 hp in 1962.)
ALL OMC, JOHNSON, EVINRUDE BOATS with factory sterndrives are ELECTRIC
SHIFTS.

Lee