[OMC-Boats] Quadrajet filters

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:10:48 -0400

I have a 1969 Rogue 210 with Rochester Quadrajet - several years ago I replaced the small sintered metal filter in the front of the carburetor with one of those pleated ones made of paper - it had a small internal antisiphon device consisting of a small spring and a plastic plug. I noticed the boat not running well at higher speeds recently and I found the small valve had frozen shut - I removed the valve mechanism and it seems to run normal now. BTW the boat already has an antisiphon valve near the turnoff at the tank ( those guys thought of everything back then). I was just wondering if anybody has had this problem before. Happy boating to all. TK