[OMC-Boats] 1965 Johnson Deluxe questions

From: Susan Miller <susanm.miller@...>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:15:00 -0500

Hello all-

I have recently purchased a 1965 Johnson Deluxe I/O; I bought because of its
unique styling. I know very little about boats but I'm pretty handy at
repairing most anything. I have some question's I hope some of you
experienced boater's can help me with.

1. The foam in the hull is saturated with water, I removed the wood deck.
Will the water evaporate?

2. Is there any wood buried in the foam such as a beam? If so is it worth
the effort to replace it?

3. Can the motor and outdrive be replaced with something more modern and if
so what all does this entail?

Ronnie