Re: [omc-boats] OMC Trailer

From: The Outboard Wizard <outboardwizard@...>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:55:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello you can go back to original hub and caliper. will need to know what hubs are currently used like how many bolts and what size bearings. you can also upgrade tire and rim to help wiith clearance est cost around 500.00

Kenneth Fingerlos <kenf@...> wrote: Hello -

I've got a 1969 Seasport-II on the factory OMC Trailer ... which is what I'm going to ask about.

Seems at some-point in history somebody decided to replace one of the hubs on the trailer. When the did, they did not replace it with one which had the disc brake setup.

They also removed the caliper which would have engaged with that disc, and plugged the hydraulic line.

My questions -

1.) Is it possible to find the original hub and disk caliper for these things? Any advise as to doing so?

2.) Aside from the change in ride height .. what would be involved in converting over to standard 15" rims and tires? This may actually also help with a loading problem I have which is due to the angle of the local boat ramps being very steep; but if this is a bad arrangement then perhaps I won't persue it.

Thanks,

Kenneth

      The Outboard Wizard www.theoutboardwizard.com
  And http://www.evinrude-parts.com/
  Forum: Advanced Technical Help for Outboard Owners.
  Order OMC Parts: (631) 991-4491 Technical Help: (631) 514-1525
  Genuine OMC BRP Parts, Engines, Manuals - Evinrude Johnson E-Tec...More...