[omc-boats] Steering

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:16:36 -0400

Watching this thread (mine steers like a cow) and wondering --
Do you lube the drum at helm or just the shaft the drum spins on?
Could the cables slip if the drum were lubed?

By the way, I was at an old OMC dealer in Maine last weekend (buying
tilt relay) and he asked me 2 Qs -- "Have you replaced the outdrive
boot recently? Otherwise she'll sink!" And, "Do you keep the steering
lubed? That cable is hell to replace!" When we asked about latter, he
said he meant at outdrive where steering gear is. But I didn't think
to ask about at helm.

Cheers,
-Micah