[omc-boats] Demo question?

From: Harris Family <kjharris@...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:07:44 -0700

I have a 64 Johnson O/B Runabout that I have completely torn apart in my garage. I have replaced the foam, floor and transom. I now need to remove the strut that conects the bow lifting cleat to the bottom of the hull. Has anyone done this? The problem is, that presure has pushed the base of the strut almost all of the way through the bottom of the hull. I have ground out the protrution on outside of the hull, but I am afraid that I will blow all of the way through the hull if I keep going. An alternative that I thought of was to just saw off the base of the strut as low as I can and then build a new base for it and fiberglass it to the floor.

Thanks,

Karl in Washington