RE: [omc-boats] Demo question?

From: Greg Van Vliet <gvanvliet@...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:57:43 -0700

Karl,

it sounds like your boat is a Johnson Seahorse Deluxe 16 (the sister to the
Evinrude Sweet 16). That's the same as my boat, and I'm about to finally
start the restoration on her. I'll try to take a look at my bow cleat
strut and see what's involved in the removal. I don't think there's any
problem with mine. I think it'll just unbolt normally.

I don't recall if you've posted "your story" about replacing the foam,
floor and transom to the list. If you haven't done so, I'd like to hear
what you did, what you used, and how well it all worked. I'll be doing the
foam and floor and maybe the transom (it seems fairly rigid, but I think
there's some rot in it).

Also . . . I recently spent some time with my family near Slamon Arm on
Shuswap Lake, BC (THE houseboating lake capital in Canada). I found an
Evinrude Sweet 16 tied to a floating dock. It's got the Evinrude badging
and a Starflite motor, but it has the plastic windshield like my Johnson.
 I wonder if all the Canadian model Sweet 16's had the plastic windshields?
 All the Canadian one's on the OMC site gallery appear to. Unfortunately,
I couldn't get close enough to look for a model number. However, I may
still be able to contact the owner with any luck. Phil has added the
photos to the Sweet 16 gallery.

Regards to all,

Greg Van Vliet