Re: [omc-boats] Tuning engine out of the water?

From: Tom Kennedy <tomk@...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:13:34 -0500

Wow, tons of useful stuff for me...thanks to all for the good info.
Sorry if these questions are a little simple to everyone else....One
thing I am not totally clear on: The issue of the drive impeller
confuses me. From what I gather, using the OMC garden hose adapter or
the flush-kit adapter is OK to run the engine with....I got that. But
then a number of people (and I have read this in other places including
the manual) say absolutely not to run the impeller dry (makes sense...I
am going to replace that too). I know that my using the garden hose
method that the engine will be safe...will the impeller also be safe
with that method (keeping low RPMs and all that)?