Re: [omc-boats] Tuning engine out of the water?

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:56:37 -0500

On the subject of tuning out of water, it only takes 5 seconds to destroy
the impeller. Either method OMC adapter or radiator flush adapter will work
satisfactorily. If you have engine overheating problems while running on a
hose there is no way I'm aware of to check impeller operation. To check the
impeller have the boat in the water or the drive unit submerged. You remove
the hoses running from the intermediate housing to the thermostat housing
one at a time. You should have approximately one gallon flow in 30 seconds
at idle. Of course if you have a 4 cylinder engine there is only one hose.