[omc-boats] Waterlogged Fiberglass boats

From: lib1@...
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:10:29 -0600

Hi all,

Most of the advice I've recently read here on removing the water-logged sealed-in foam and rebuilding transoms is spot-on.

There are two other web resouces that I would recommend anyone with a OMC/E/J boat search for advice on this subject:

www.fiberglassics.com

Be sure and join and search their excellent web-based forum. These guys and gals are mostly running older (fifties and early sixties classic fiberglass outboard boats) and they got tons of experience with rebuilding transoms and re-doing floor stringers.

Also check out this well illustrated article on the Boston Whaler Continuous website:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/centerDeckRepair.html

They also have an entensive searchable web-based forum. Just search on "water logged."

Lee Shuster
Salr Lake City