RE: [omc-boats] Trailer loading Question

From: D.Joe Knight <knight@...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:59:05 -0600

Hi Ken.
   I have a 69 Rogue. My trailer has carpeted slides not rollers. I have
experience with the roller trailers. You DO NOT want to drag the boat up on
to the trailer with the winch. This could cause you to break the winch cable
or strap. It also puts undue strain on the I bolt on the front of your boat.
Submerge you trailer so that about 3/4 of the surface that the boat sits on
is under water. Then drive the boat as far up the trailer as possible. Do
this carefully, If you go to fast you will overrun the trailer and cause
serious damage to the boat. Granted the Roller type trailers are much easier
to load if the rollers are working properly and well maintained. A steep
ramp can be a bugger to load on. Do you have side guides on your trailer to
help hold the boat in place when loading? Good luck I hope I was helpful.
Joe.