Re: [omc-boats] New guy - OMC Boats

From: Ian Torrey (QNX) <itorrey@...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:17:32 -0400

Hi Dan,
Welcome aboard ;) . I'm a fellow Ontarian with a a Sweet 16 just west
of Ottawa. Mine has a 100 hp Johnson, but I've also got a Starcraft
with the 100hp Starflite 100S. Is your the bronze coloured OB from
around 1967? Maybe we can swap notes. (Both of mine are projects-in-
waiting).

I grew up near Balsam lake in the Kawarthas, but have also spent a
lot of time working and playing in the Muskokas - great area!

cheers,
Ian

On May 16, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Dan McCormack wrote:

> Hi everyone...
>
> Just joined the list a few days ago having acquire a 1966 Evinrude
> Sweet 16 w/100S outboard. I've been reading the various eMails and
> have gotten the impression that OMC boats are perhaps collectable
> and maybe becoming scarce..... is this right ? I ask because
> here in Ontario they really aren't that hard to come by. On my
> lake alone I can think of several still in regualr use. I bought
> mine to use as a work boat. Even though it is in fair to good
> condition it doesn't seem to be considered anything special around
> this area. Anyhow, I like the old girl and I certainly understand
> the interest in all things old.
>
> Regards to all,
>
> Dan McCormack
> Baysville, Ontario