Re: [omc-boats] Johnson 9" tires

From: jdhanson <jdhanson@...>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 03:45:36 -0700

Hey Gary, I had the same issue you are going thru. I found that it was
very difficult finding the 9" tires with the right load rating. They
are out there but they are very pricey!
The 9" tires and the tilt part of are trailers are really not needed
anymore do to the deep boat ramps of today. I ended up putting 5.30 x
12 on the trailer. That size tire is readily available with a variety
of load ranges. The bigger tire will run cooler and the bearings will
spin less making them last longer. However to accommodate the larger
tire size you will have to change
fenders to a larger size. -See Link Attached for
Reference.
http://www.gull-wing.net/gallery/jdhanson/P1010005.jpg
-Dave from San Diego