Re: [omc-boats] running while in tilt position

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:22:34 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David
  To: omc-boats@...
  Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:52 AM
  Subject: Re: [omc-boats] running while in tilt position

  The cooling should not be effected - if overheating occurs it would be from a poor impeller or circulating pump not a raised sterndrive. Also, having worked for OMC Boats, testing boats in engineering, I can tell you it takes a very long time to wear out the knuckles. Running with the drive up is ok, but should be at idle speed or slightly above. Dave
  Glenn Halweg wrote:

    Another issue I haven't seen addressed while running engine while tilted is the lack of water circulation for cooling the engine.