Re: [omc-boats] running while in tilt position

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:20:35 -0500

Dave,

Which models are you referring to? I looked at the lower unit of my 1966 Rogue, with it tilted very far the water pickup wouldn't be in the water at all. The pickup is behind what the parts books are calling the rudder, also behind the exhaust. I believe this is the case with all pre 1972 units.

Curious when did you work at OMC, I worked on the stern drive line in Waukegan 1984 & 85. My dad was plant super at the boat plant in Waukegan till it closed in 1970.

Glenn