[omc-boats] OMC Trailer Survey

From: lib1@...
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:57:51 -0700

Recently, I was looking at Phil's photo gallery and was focusing on everyone's trailer pictures. Here's a question I'd like to survey the group on....

A) What modifications have you made to your 14, 16 or 19-ft OMC trailer to make wheel and tire replacement easier?

B) What changes have you made to your trailer's original axle/suspension/wheel hubs and brakes? For example, conversion to leaf springs to make maintenance (parts availability) easier? Conversion from hydrulic surge to electric brakes? Conversion to larger diameter wheels to make tire replacement easier?

C) How have the mods effected handling, braking, and launching? How happy are you with the changes? Any details on costs, ease of maint, looks, etc. would be appreciated?

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City