Re: [omc-boats] Good OMC Buick V6 on eBay

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:02:39 -0700

Hi OMC-Boaters:

I'm hoping that posting this message fits within Phil's list-serv rules and guidelines, it's meant not as spam but as info that some might find useful.

I'm involved a project to re-power my 1966 Sportsman 150. Call me insane, but I plan to remove the perfectly good, original Buick V6 (150 -155 hp) and replace it with a newer Chevy V6 or SBC of 215-225 hp). I'm hoping the extra power will push the boat at 45 - 50 mph, so my boating pals don't leave me in their wakes.

I'm offering the complete powerhead package (no stern drive) on eBay Motors, Item 4531742423 at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50442&item=4531742423&rd=1

If someone on this list has a serious interest, please contact me off-list. In other words, either call me at 801-585-5552 or e-mail a private response to lib1@... I can offer an incentive to OMC-Boat list members: Purchase the engine, and I'll throw in the extra engine parts that I have collected, that include extra carb, manifolds, coil & distributor, new, in-the-box Cloyes gear set, AND I'll throw in the original 16-foot OMC trailer or any parts from it you might want from it. Otherwise, I plan to list these eventually on eBay as seperate items.

There's nothing wrong (that I'm aware of) with this dependable little V6. It pushes the 66 Sportsman along at a GPS-verified 34 -36 mph with four to six adults on board and that's at 6500 feet above sea level. It always starts easily, with the HEI ignition and new starter. It has always been used in fresh water. And nothing on the water sounds like these OMC - Buick V6's.

The engine will be de-winterized, run-up and tested, pulled by a certified OMC dealer with over 35 years of experience, and prepared for shipping on a pallet or crate. Freight and insurance will be the buyers responsibility. Estimated shipping weight is 450 - 500 lbs.

The engine is a direct bolt-in replacement for any OMC V6 150/155 installations used from 1965 to 1972. It might also bolt in as an re-power upgrade for the 110-120 hp Chevy I-4, but a larger engine hood might be required in some installations. It is also a popular power upgrade for vintage Jeeps.

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City, Utah
801-585-5552
lib1@...