[omc-boats] Housing Leak and OMC 16' Trailer for sale

From: lib1@...
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:04:17 -0700

Tom,

Somewhere around post-67, I think with the shimmed, 5-bolt sterndrives (topcover cap), OMC switched from a one-piece ball-gear/shaft to a two-piece ball gear and shaft. You can tell if the ball gear is removable from the shaft if it has a removeable plug in the center. Hope this helps, but I think you are looking at an engine pull to properly rebuild that intermediate housing and strop the leaking.

Thanks again for the 69 Evinrude trailer info. I'm mulling over whether I want to invest in the restoration of 69 1-footer w/disc brakes. It's really going take a lot of time and expense to make it anywhere near as road-worthy as my present 1967 Little Dude trailer.

In fact, do I hear any offers for a complete 1969 16-foot Evinrude/Johnson trailer with disc brakes that will fit the following models: 1964 - 65 Sweet or Sport 16, 1966 -70 Sportsman/Reveler, 1969-70 Explorer/FrontRunner? It might also work with the 17' OMC/Johnson hull? At a minimum, it needs tires, and is presently located in Salt Lake City. I can hang onto it for awhile longer, but I may be forced to part it out.

Lee Shuster