Re: [omc-boats] Flushing plate?

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:43:32 EST

In a message dated 12/17/04 12:32:37 AM Central Standard Time,
scottveazie@... writes:

<< Does anyone have the flushing plate (I think that's the name of the part)
that goes on the right hand side (the side with the relief, upper) of the
outdrive where you can hook up the garden hose? I've been looking for one for a
long time with no luck. >>

I used to have one with my first Seasport 155 w/v-6 (1969)

I removed it to examine it and it is simply a female hose fitting connected
through a hole in the plate allowing water into the water passageways. A
closed male fitting is normally screwed in to close the opening.

You might be able to find a threaded female fitting at ACE hardware and
simply drill and tap a hole for that fitting in the existing plate.

Lee Hazen
1970 Johnson Surfer
Received on Friday, 17 December 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT