Re: [omc-boats] ahoy mates!

From: Mstvsnd@...
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:28:25 EST

My Sweet 16 outboard had the original red steel 18 gal tank mounted under the
motor well up against the transom in when I got it in 1998. Ran it for four
years that way and eventually got the starvation problem from crud in the fuel
filter. I took the tank out and flushed it with kerosene but kept getting
more and more rust and scale out of it and eventually figured "why am I
struggling with this, I just want to cruise". I replaced it with a new polyethelene
18 gal tank, connected the existing filler hose back up and that was the end of
the problem.

The gas gauge doesn't work so I always carry a spare 6 gal tank. When the
main tank runs out, I know it'll take a little over 2 1/2 - 6 gal cans to fill
it with two gallons left to top off the spare tank. Haven't overflowed the
tank or gotten stranded in years.

Mike Stevesand