Re: [omc-boats] ahoy mates

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:32:20 -0800

On my OMC boats, all I ever do is drain the block on both sides and pull
the water pump hose off the water pump - never have had a problem. . On
my V6 buicks, all I ever do is drain both sides of the block. In fact,
I have a 16' Johnson with the V6 as a dingy on my 65' houseboat - and
since I run the houseboat year round, all I do is drain the block - if I
use the Johnson in the winter, January - February etc. I usually don't
even close the drains - let the bilge pump take the hot water out. then
when I lift the boat back on the houseboat, I pull the boat drain plug -
let the water out, put it back in and I'm ready to go again on short
notice - Now, keep in mind that I am in Minnesota, on the Mississippi
river and 20 below is common. Dave Kvalsten