Re: [omc-boats] ahoy mates

From: Bill Desmond <nebdlo@...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:33:29 -0800 (PST)

On the subject of winterizing. DRAIN the lower end oil !!! ive been telling everyone i know and they ignore me. if your seals leaked and there is water in the oil it will crack the lower end. my buddies say that there seals dont leak, how do they know if they didnt drain the oil and look for water. having your lower end crack is an expensive way to find out you need seals. i drained both mine, one was fine the other had water. c-ya
daemian

Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...> wrote:
I put the boat up for the winter last weekend. Just a reminder to the rest. Don't forget to drain the block if appropriate. Seloc says to leave the foot horizontal in winter and the Clymer says to leave it down for winter. I usually have it up and then put it down. Now is the time to get out those winter boat projects so it will be ready to go in the spring. Get a manual to give you all the details on winterizing. It is quite complicated if done right. Of course I don't do all that stuff -maybe next year! Tom Klauber