RE: [omc-boats] Servicing of Outboard Motors

From: aperakes@...
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:13:19 -0600

I found those neat new garden hose adapters for use with newer air tool-like
pop-on/off accessorises fit perfectly into the lower unit intake on my 155
Hp i/o. I use some cloth duct tape wrapped around the adapter to keep it
snug in there and another piece across the screen to stop the back-flow.

Regarding trailering, we've only trailered with the unit about 1/2-way up
and we're the original owners. The only parts that have been replaced were
the cast aluminum, spring loaded cog and a solenoid some 10+ years ago.

Regarding skiing, we've had 8 decent sized skiers up behind our 1967 Reveler
and have the movies to prove it! (Worst part was keeping the lines
untangled and getting everyone up through the slooooowwww launch.) It has
been a very good ski boat, though the low attachment point for the line
means the line does get caught in the wake during elbow-touchers or when
knee-boarding.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:29:37 -0700, Greg Van Vliet wrote

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)