RE: [omc-boats] Servicing of Outboard Motors

From: Greg Van Vliet <gvanvliet@...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:29:37 -0700

I should point out that my '64 90hp Johnson outboard and '68 85hp Evinrude
(freebee I got for lower end parts) do not have the water pump intake on
the side of the lower end as most newer models do. The intake is under the
anticavitation plate by the prop. Because of this I cannot use the
standard muffs. Accordint to my shop manual a special garden hose adapter
was once available that fit into this intake. I'll probably try to make
something similar or I'll just end up using the big plastic drum that I
have.

Regards,

Greg.