[omc-boats] Servicing of Outboard Motors

From: Joe McGill <jmcgill89@...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:21:23 -0400

As a newbie, my first question would probably revolve around how one goes
about servicing a Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. I picked up a circa
1968 service manual, and was surprised to see some very simplistic
procedures. However, I got a bit scared when looking at the section on the
distributor.

When you're setting RPMs, etc, I'm guessing the motor has to be in some kind
of water to keep it from overheating. If you're not on a lake or river, do
you just put it in a big drum of water?

Thanks for any info.

Joe