Re: [omc-boats] Servicing of Outboard Motors

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:20:11 -0500


You buy a set of motor flush thingies commonly called muffs that fasten to a
garden hose and around the lower unit of your motor. Bass Pro Shop has them
very reasonable


----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe McGill" <jmcgill89@...>
To: <omc-boats@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:21 PM
Subject: [omc-boats] Servicing of Outboard Motors

> As a newbie, my first question would probably revolve around how one goes
> about servicing a Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. I picked up a circa
> 1968 service manual, and was surprised to see some very simplistic
> procedures. However, I got a bit scared when looking at the section on
> distributor.
> When you're setting RPMs, etc, I'm guessing the motor has to be in some
> of water to keep it from overheating. If you're not on a lake or river,
> you just put it in a big drum of water?
> Thanks for any info.
> Joe
> _________________________________________________________________
> FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
Received on Tuesday, 27 July 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT