Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #164

From: Mike Meadway <mmeadway@...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:48:24 -0700

Thomas --

    Thanks for the suggestions -- I've been a tad busy so I've not
replied (and I owe a couple of people pictures of the boat too -- I too
them, but haven't gotten them out of the camera yet). It appears that
the questionable floor is pretty much confined to the front part of the
deck, if I'm seeing what I think I am. There's no more water oozing;
I've had the whole boat under a cover in direct sunlight (yeah, we get
that in Seattle), and everything is a lot dryer. I lift it every
afternoon, though I'm not sure that's necessary since the transom is
missing the outdrive.

Regarding the hole in the bottom, it just so happens that this hull
happens to have a small one in the right spot. It will do a slow drip,
so I'm assuming there is in fact some water. I think your theory about
draining the foam might actually work, or at least I'm hoping it does.
I have to enlarge the hole to fix it anyway, so I'll see what dribbles
out when it gets expanded.

I'll keep you posted. Gotta finish this bloody software first...

Mike