RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #131

From: Ian Torrey <itorrey@...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:49:51 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded with advice and moral support:) With Spring
around the corner I think I might work on mechanical for this year so that I
can get it into the water and try it out. That way I can assess how far I
want, or need to, go in the restoration process.

Can anyone tell me, should there be any sort of floatation foam or other
material in the bottom of the hull? I haven't removed any floorboards to
find out, but I'm wondering if this might be something I need to keep in
mind when assessing the boat's condition. Might I need to replace
waterlogged material in here, or is it just air space?

Thanks,
Ian