[OMC-Boats] 90 HP Fuel Pump

From: Sam Kamphoefner via OMC-Boats <omc-boats@...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 10:16:20 -0500

Hello all.
  I'm ready to put my Evinrude Playmate in the water after cleaning up the fuel system but something doesn't seem quite right. The fuel pump never shuts off. I know it has a check valve in it so it seems to me after the carburetor bowl fills up, it would stop running. Mine, however, keeps pumping until fuel leaks out of air passages into the air intake housing. I've messed with the floats. No change. Can somebody with experience with the V-4 tell me if your fuel pump continually clicks away with the ignition in the on position? Seems like it should shut off to me. Thank you.
Sent from my iPhone