[OMC-Boats] 1966 Evinrude Sportsman 150

From: Kyle Winders <kmwinders@...>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:51:42 -0600

Ok, guys i'm hoping someone out there can assist me with my boat re-build
project on a 1966 Evinrude Sportsman 150. I got the boat running last year
but it would get bogged down after it started to get hot but it was running.

I pulled the stern drive off and found that the water pump had a bent rod
due to it being installed in correctly. Water is flowing good now after
that was replaced correctly!

At the end of the season I decided to go for more power by ordering the
following parts like this guy did in his "GREAT" web-site:
http://hhscott.com/evinrude/buick_v6.htm. I got the HEI from BC Hawk (owns
an old Evinrude as well), bought the Holley four barrel carb and
Offenhauser manifold.

Got everything installed, after grinding lots of metal to get the HEI to
fit. Last night after reading the HEI install sheet with a friend i found
out that i dont know my right from left. I have set the HEI up on #6
instead of #1. We got the HEI installed correctly and after some cranking
we got it to start. Hooked up the water and it started running at idle with
water flowing well with the newly installed (Correctly) water pump in the
stern drive. We adjusted the HEI by turning it counter clockwise to TDC
with a timing light going. Then when i gave it gas it died and will not
start up again.

Any thoughts or idea's on what to do?

I posted some pictures here: http://kwinsupport.com/evinrude.html

PW: Trying to get it running for this weekend and i have been working non
stop on this baby.

Thanks,
Kyle
970-980-4747