Re: [OMC-Boats] Need Wisdom on a 64 Johnson Deluxe/69 Evinrude Sportsman

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:50:57 -0500 (EST)

These are great boats and they are just about bullet proof.  We're the originaly owners of our 1967 Reveler and the two weak spots I've found are the alternator and water pump, each of which I've had to replace about every 15 years.  There's a nice replacement alternator available for a reasonable sum so that's no longer an issue, but water pumps can be hard to come by.  I'd do a good once-over, build a parts list of what you need and what you might need, take a look for parts (I've had the best luck on eBay) to see if you can stomach the costs and go from there.  Good luck!

Andy

1967 Reveler 155